I thought I’d start off with post that goes into all the things I’ve learnt throughout my life on being successful in business. Now don’t get me wrong, I’ve had many failures in the past, it hasn’t always been a success, but that is how you learn to be successful… by learning from your mistakes.
So without further ado, here they are:
- Work, work, work. Work ethic is everything, you get what you put in so be prepared to do the hours!
- Learn to be good at sales. Read, practice, watch other good salesmen. You need to be able to sell as selling is everything, and I mean even talking in a conversation with a stranger is selling yourself.
- Take the risk. You have to be ready to take risks, calculated risks though mind.
- Organisation. Make sure you are organised. Do not end up spending weeks trying to get your receipts together for a tax return because you haven’t filed them properly!
- Manage your time. Make sure you are managing your time efficiently. So much time can be lost to the small things, so set timers on tasks & plan your day. Start with tasks you dislike the most, it really helps!
- Explore. Continue to explore new ideas and don’t be afraid to try new things. Always be testing is a saying well known to successful businessmen.
And there you have it! I hope these 6 golden rules helps you get on the right track to success.